Get your Greens!
Save 15% on Organic Greens from April 14th to May 16th only at Healthy Monkey Cafe (at both South Surrey locations).
Kathy Smart: Organika and Gluten Free Organic Quinoa and Maca powder interview with host Tammy-Lynn McNabb is now streaming on HealthRadio.fm.
The Kathy Smart: Organika and Gluten Free interview is now streaming on HealthRadio.fm.
You can also download and listen to this interview through our direct link on the following page
Article from Nutraceuticals World:
Cyclists who drank Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate before a three-day simulated race experienced less inflammation and oxidative stress compared to those who drank another beverage, according to a new U.K. study published in the journal Nutrients.
A research team led by Dr. Glyn Howatson with PhD student Phillip Bell at Northumbria University gave 16 well-trained, male cyclists about 1 ounce (30 ml) of Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate mixed with water (equivalent to 90 whole Montmorency tart cherries per serving), or a calorie-matched placebo, twice a day for seven days. On days five, six and seven, the participants performed prolonged, high-intensity cycling intervals—exercise that was designed to replicate the demands of a three-day race.
- See more at: http://www.nutraceuticalsworld.com/contents/view_breaking-news/2014-03-27/montmorency-tart-cherries-may-lessen-inflammation-and-oxidative-stress/?email_uid=482885ccbd%2Flist_id%3D396c189146%2F#sthash.lOIuIsIl.dpuf
— Organika Health (@organikahealth) April 1, 2014
— Organika Health (@organikahealth) April 1, 2014
NATURE’S FARE : APRIL DEMO
FEATURING: MACA POWDER
Coordinator Name: Bethany Dobell
Date: April 4th, 2014 (Friday)
Demo Personnel: Francine Perreault
Date: April 3rd, 2014 (Thursday)
Demo Personnel: Brian Kelly
Coordinator Name: Laurie Rodger/Lynne Braddick
Demo Personnel: Teena Boomhower
Coordinator Name: Gale Parisien
Date: April 3rd, 2014 (Thursday)
Demo Personnel: Kim
Coordinator Name: Gabrielle Miller
Date: April 3, 2014 (Thursday)
Demo Personnel: Vicki Hempsted
Coordinator Name: Norma Young
Date: April 10, 2014 (Thursday)
Demo Personnel: Heidi Steen
Seminar presented by Jennifer Kuo (R.Ac.) practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Organika’s own in house product specialist, with years of clinical experience in TCM field.
North America’s Gluten Free Expert™
Kathy Smart is a Global News Health Correspondent, North America’s Gluten-Free Expert, TV Show Host, Chef, Dr. Oz Guest and Registered Nutritionist. Kathy Smart is the best-selling author of the gluten-free cookbook, Live the Smart Way. As the award recipient of Ontario’s 2012 ‘Leading Women’s Award’, and nominated as TOP 10 most amazing people on CTV, Smart has been recognized for bringing gluten free awareness across North America for over 15 years.
Thinking of Gluten-Free lifestyle or learn what Gluten really means and what it does to you? Join us on Thursday April 10th for an intimate meet and greet with Kathy Smart! For over 15 years Kathy Smart has been a diagnosed celiac but she has pursued an active lifestyle by being a teacher, nutritionist and a gluten free chef. She will talk about the gluten free way of life, offer and discuss superfoods, tips, to help you build your gut and system.
Pomme Natural Market
From 3:30 – 5:30 pm
Time is limited! Due to Kathy Smart’s huge popularity, be sure to come early to have time and talk to Kathy and get free Gluten-Free superfood samples.
Organic Spirilina. Shellie, our Organika Representative, will be there
sampling the tasty spirilina drink and will be happy to answer any of your
When: Sunday Jan 26th 9-1pm
Passport for Change
Organika is delighted to announce the upcoming, groundbreaking, Passport for Change. As the proud Event Senior Sponsor, we believe that this is an opportunity to bring positive change into your life.
Passport for Change, presented by Tonic Magazine, is a self-directed and personalized event that combines seminars, social media support and elements of “speed-dating” into a one-of-a-kind, consumer experience. We provide people who are looking for change with the tools and experts they need to fulfill their resolutions and goals for the coming year.
Also, proud to present Lisa Petty, Keynote speaker for Living Gluten Free – fundamentals to moving forward to a healthier you. Don’t miss out on Lisa Petty. Lisa Petty is a celebrity nutritionist and health expert for television, radio and print, an international speaker, award-nominated journalist and award-winning author who believes that healthy living is simple – although it often isn’t easy.
Registration is essential in order to purchase tickets and schedule one-on-one meetings with the 100 fitness, nutrition, wellness, and emotional health experts who will help you achieve your goals. You can email these experts in advance to ask questions, and you may attend as many one-on-one meetings and 20-minute discussions as you like.
More Information For a more detailed overview of the event, please follow this link:
Here at Organika we like food. We like it a lot. Always in search of recipes that don’t compromise taste for nutrition, we’ve compiled a basic, delicious and healthy Christmas dinner menu. Please note, the following images and adapted recipes are from the inspirational clean-eating website, thegraciouspantry.com In search of more ideas? Our Pinterest Board, Health-Giving Holiday Recipes, has quite a few! Enjoy!
The Main Event: Savoury Thyme and Garlic Roast Turkey w/ Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
(Makes one 18 pound turkey)
- 18 lb fresh or frozen turkey (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup Organika Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 onion, quartered
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a roasting pan with foil; set rack in pan.
- Remove giblets from turkey; rinse turkey inside and out with cool water. Place turkey, breast-side up, on rack and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine oil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Gently loosen skin from breast meat, and rub herb mixture under skin and over turkey.
- Place lemon and onion pieces in turkey cavity. Tie legs together with heavy kitchen twine. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 3 hours.
- Uncover, and bake 1 hour longer or until a thermometer inserted in meaty part of thigh and breast reaches 165 degrees. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- Note: Garnish turkey platter with Roasted Brussels Sprouts, lemons, fresh thyme, or flat-leaf parsley.
Saucy Sauce: Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
(Makes approximately 2 1/4 cups)
- 24 oz. (about 6 cups) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Cook low for 4-5 hours or until you can easily pop the berries with a wooden spoon by pushing them gently against the side of the slow cooker.
- Remove lid, and allow to cook on high for about 1 hour. There will still be a small amount of liquid left. The more you let the liquid cook down, the thicker your cranberry sauce will be.
- Note: I did this in a 5 quart slow cooker. If you want to get it done in the time frame mentioned above, you want a big slow cooker for this because you don’t want the pot very full. If you have a smaller slow cooker, you will have to cook for much longer with the lid off to cook off the water.
Savoury Sides: Holiday Butternut Cranberry Bake
(Makes approximately 4 servings)
- 1 lb. (454 g) chopped/cubed, peeled butternut squash
- 1 large apple, peeled and cored1/2 lb. (227 g) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp. Organika Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 scant tsp. ground cloves
- Place all ingredients in a 1 gallon-sized ziplock bag or a large container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake well to coat everything in spices and maple syrup.
- Pour out into baking dish (Mine was 9×13) and bake at 350 F. for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Note that if you have a smaller, deeper baking dish that this will take longer in the oven. The bigger and more shallow the dish is, the quicker this will cook. (I do not recommend a cookie sheet due to the cranberries)
- Add salt to taste after cooking if needed.
That sweet, sweet dessert: Coconut Fudge Sauce
(Makes 2 2/3 cups)
- 1 (15 oz.) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup Organika Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Organika Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Over low to medium heat, continuously stir all the ingredients together in a medium sauce pan until melted. Transfer to a container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Drizzle, pour, or slather onto your favourite ice cream (we recommend coconut) or dessert of choice.